Forum

Welcome to the Okappy forum which contains questions and answers around Okappy’s connected workforce management platform.

Sign up to the forum to ask your own question, get notified of responses and track other questions and answers.

Check out our forum help for more tips and tricks for getting the most out of the forum.  Alternatively, check out our help articles in our support centre or our quick tips and tricks.

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Standard user can see more than we thought

Hi,

We came across an issue yesterday with a staff member who is set up as a standard user, being able to see more than we thought.

When logged in via the app they can only see their own sheets which is what we expected. However within the app he clicked 'view in Safari' and was basically able to see everything that we are able to see. Including everyone else's sheets and custom fields/columns we had setup which included confidential information about how much we price jobs for etc.

I've had to delete the custom field quickly, which means i've lost all that data for all the previous jobs.

I just wanted to check if this is a bug, or is it by design?

If by design is there a way we can stop this?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your concerns regarding access permissions and visibility within the app and Safari view. I understand how important it is to maintain confidentiality, especially regarding sensitive information.

The distinction in visibility between the mobile app and the desktop (or Safari view) is intentional, designed to cater to the different needs and screen sizes of the devices. The mobile app focuses on delivering key information necessary for on-the-go tasks, while the desktop view offers comprehensive access to a broader range of data, including invoices, settings, reports, etc.

To restrict what your employees can see, you can limit their access to either the mobile app or the desktop version. For detailed steps on how to adjust these settings, please visit our support article on employee settings at https://www.okappy.com/support-article/employee-settings/.

A standard user should only be able to view their jobs, even when accessing via the web. If there's a discrepancy in what a standard user can access, we're here to help rectify it. Please send us a screenshot or further details about the user in question, so we can investigate this issue more thoroughly.

Regarding the custom field you deleted, please rest assured that re-adding it with the same details will restore visibility to all the old data. The information remains stored within our system and can be accessed again once the field is reinstated.

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks, i've sent the user details separately.

Thank you for providing the user details. We've thoroughly reviewed their account settings and permissions, and I can confirm that this user is only able to view their assigned jobs. They do not have access to see anyone else's jobs or confidential information.

Should you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks

Joe